Saturday 7 February 2015

Not Very Experimental Vegan Anzac Biscuits (V.1.0)

This little recipe has been in development for a while now, and is also the first v.1.0 recipe I've posted.

I really need to emphasise that I have borrowed most of the recipe from VeganEasy.org, the recipe is by Jo. However, I have modified it to suit my own taste and cooking style, so I am including my version here. This version is much, much less sweet than the original, but likely more crumbly (which I like).

Not Very Experimental Vegan Anzac Biscuits (V.1.0)

Preheat oven to 180C (FF).

1 cup of oats
1 cup of self-raising flour, gluten free
1 cup of desiccated coconut (or shredded, but des. works better)
1/2 cup of soft brown sugar
2/3 cup of liquid coconut oil
1 tsp of warm/hot water

Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and then form into biscuits (squish into walnut sized balls, then flatten slightly), place onto a baking-paper-lined-baking-tray, and bake at 180C for about 25 minutes or until you think they are suitably baked.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment